Hospital and Home Tuition (HHTS)
At our Hospital and Home Tuition Service we care for the most vulnerable young people who, at a difficult time in their lives, need support. The young people are referred by their school with support from the medical professionals. Our main purpose, while they are with us, is to ensure, where possible, that the young person is able to continue with their education and return to their home school as soon as they are able to. As a result the student is dual registered with us and their school and their placement is initially for a six week period to assess their ongoing needs.
The students are taught either 1:1 or in small groups to enable them to receive the individual support they need to overcome any identified medical, emotional or social issues in a calm supportive environment. Each young person is at the heart of the process and through a coordinated approach, involving a range of professionals, we deliver a personalised approach to their learning.
Rachel Clark- Headteacher (01228 226957- for any queries/questions)
How to make a referral
1. Read the Hospital and Home Tution Service LA policy to check that your pupil meets the criteria for a referral.
2. Read the Hospital and Home Tuition Service Checklist and ensure that you have all the evidence specified. Without this, we will not be able to process your referral promptly.
> Please note the EHA must be registered and 3 reviews completed and paperwork submitted as part of the referral.
3. The HHTS Practitioner form will not be considered as medical evidence if completed by a GP, member of school staff or parent.
Referrals will ONLY be accepted in electronic format and should be divided into the following sections.
Single (undivided) pdf documents WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Early Help Assessment Form (last 3 reviews)
- Supporting Medical Evidence
- HHTS1 Form
- Attendance Data
- Evidence of School Support
- Any other relevant information
All referrals must be made with the full knowledge of parents/carers.
Any incomplete referrals will be returned! Late referrals will NOT be accepted!
Next panel meeting will be held on Tuesday 5 July 2022 at 1.00pm. All referrals must be in by Monday 27 June 2022 so the panel have time to read them through.
Please see below for further information.