Ethos and Values
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
With CONFIDENCE we learn, through CHALLENGE we grow, with COMMITMENT we achieve, together we can take CONTROL and realise our dreams.
Our vision is that no young people’s needs go unmet in North Cumbria, giving each one the opportunity to exceed expectations
Our mission is to support all of the young people in North Cumbria, their family/carers and schools to ensure the young person’s needs are met and the development of their thinking, social, emotional and physical skills allows them to exceed
The key principles of our approach…
- We safeguard young people within a multi-agency framework
- We celebrate diversity and promote inclusion
- We forge positive partnerships and have high expectations of all
- We promote participation, healthy attitudes and behaviours
- We provide high quality professional development
- Through an evidenced approach to social and emotional development combined with outstanding teaching we deliver an alternative curriculum preparing our young people for their future life, education and work
- Through our outreach work we build capacity within schools and alternative providers, supporting the implementation of effective and inclusive practice that meets the needs of a diverse range of learners.